At your check up your dentist will check for:
- Early signs of decay or breakages
- Existing dental restorations
- Early signs of gum disease
- Examine your tongue, throat, cheeks, and lips for signs of oral cancer
- Examine jaw joint evaluation
X-rays of your teeth are usually taken every two to three years, unless your dentist notices a problem and needs an X-ray to look inside the tooth.
If cavities are found or your dentist feels that your oral hygiene needs to be improved, they will create a treatment plan outlining the work to be carried out and the costing; you will then need to make an appointment for the necessary treatment.
For further questions or advice, please don’t hesitate to call us on: (02) 4862 5888